Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yarroll

Default Word slideshow

Hello,

Is there a method to make Word a slideshow tool for text documents in a
specific folder? Word would open these documents one by one for, say 2-3
seconds each and then close them down. The best I managed to come up with is
inserted below, obviously I'm missing some sort of a "Pause" statement to
tell Word to stop for a while on the line marked below.
My top dream would be to make Word stop for as long as needed on an open
document (keyboard combination) and then resume the routine (by another
keyboard combination). Otherwise, with a few thousand files in a folder -
all of which need to be opened for 3 seconds each - I'd be glued to the
screen for hours :-((
Thanks. All the best
Yarroll
------------

Dim wbkDocument As Document
Dim i As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With Application.FileSearch
..NewSearch
..LookIn = "E:\work"
..SearchSubFolders = False
..FileName = "*.txt"
..MatchTextExactly = True
..FileType = msoFileTypeWordDocuments
If .Execute(msoSortByFileName) 0 Then
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
Set wbkDocument = Documents.Open(.FoundFiles(i))
wbkDocument.Activate

' this is where I want Word to stop for a while

wbkDocument.Close

Next i
Else
MsgBox "No documents!"
End If
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is no! What's the point of this exercise? Why do you need
to open all the documents in a folder for 3 seconds each. It seems
pointless.

The only way I can think of to create a true slideshow (and even then I
don't know how useful it would be) would be to output all the documents as
jpgs (for which you will need extra software - try SnagIt -
www.techsmith.com). You could then use something like Google Picasa 2 to
create an interactive slideshow of all the jpg's in a folder.

I'll bet there is a simpler way to achieve your ultimate goal - if only we
knew what it was

Yarroll wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yarroll Yarroll is offline

Użytkownik "Graham Mayor" napisał w wiadomości
The short answer is no! What's the point of this exercise? Why do you need
to open all the documents in a folder for 3 seconds each. It seems
pointless.

The only way I can think of to create a true slideshow (and even then I
don't know how useful it would be) would be to output all the documents as
jpgs (for which you will need extra software - try SnagIt -
www.techsmith.com). You could then use something like Google Picasa 2 to
create an interactive slideshow of all the jpg's in a folder.

I'll bet there is a simpler way to achieve your ultimate goal - if only we
knew what it was

Thanks. I just have to check if all documents are correct in 2 specific
aspects. And it cannot be done by a macro as the aspects are far from
uniform.
What it basically means, I have to look through them.
Thanks for the idea of converting txt into jpgs.

All the best
Yarroll

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SnagIt includes a 'printer' driver which will convert the documents to jpg
(one per page). You should be able to batch 'print' the whole folder in one
operation. You can then page through them with windows image/fax viewer.
There is a demo! The only other alternative I can think of is to open them
in batches in Word and look at them directly.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM