Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

Default New Microsoft Word Beta

Hi
I just download the new Microsoft Beta 7.0. I have a few documents ready,
but I can not open them with my other computer using Mirosoft Word 2003. My
other computer said that these are unknown file type. How can I open these
word document? please advise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You'll need to download both the File Format Awareness update and the
Compatibility Pack to let Office 2003 programs open the 2007 beta
files. It's all laid out step by step at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...converter.mspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 16:41:02 -0700, Andy
wrote:

Hi
I just download the new Microsoft Beta 7.0. I have a few documents ready,
but I can not open them with my other computer using Mirosoft Word 2003. My
other computer said that these are unknown file type. How can I open these
word document? please advise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Andy,

To add to Jay's reply, the alternate method would be to use File=Save as in Word 2007 and save as Word 97-2003 .doc files.
This setting can also be made the default
in File(Office Button)=Word Options.

FWIW, the beta for Office is Microsoft Office 2007 (v12). v7.0 was Office 95 g. The beta for Internet Explorer is v7

=========
"Andy" wrote in message ...
Hi
I just download the new Microsoft Beta 7.0. I have a few documents ready,
but I can not open them with my other computer using Mirosoft Word 2003. My
other computer said that these are unknown file type. How can I open these
word document? please advise
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeb Jeb is offline

I, too, am uncertain how to open older Office docs with the new B2TR. I
downloaded the English compatibility pack; but this does not correct the
problem. Any docs I made with the earlier Office beta version will not open.
Indeed, when opening Word, I get an error message about being unable to find
the template doc (finereader 6). None of the older docs--saved, by the way,
as 97-2003 files--will open--this, although they still appear in my docs
folder. To evaluate the problem, I made some test docs with the new 2007 file
extension; and these also will not open. On my desktop, I am running XP Home,
with the latest IE RC beta, as well as the Defender and WMP 11 betas. All the
other betas perform superbly.
"Jeb"

"Andy" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Jeb,

If you're using Symantec Norton products open their settings dialog and in the miscellaneous tab disable the 'Office Plug in' choice
then start Word and see if you can open the previous version files.

Add-ins, such as Fine Reader, may or may not work with Office 2007 as is depending on a combination of the 3rd party provider
needing to complete an update, Office beta needing to be corrected or the security settings for add-ins in File(Office Button)=Word

=========
"Jeb" wrote in message ...
[...]

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007