Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
francine francine is offline

Default indent or outdent bullets in a table using keyboard shortcuts

How do I indent or outdent a bulleted item in a table using shortcut keys
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: indent or outdent bullets in a table using keyboard shortcuts

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that!

To indent or outdent a bulleted item in a table using shortcut keys, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, select the bulleted item that you want to indent or outdent in your table.
  2. To indent the item, press the Tab key on your keyboard. This will move the item one level to the right, creating a sub-level of the bullet point.
  3. To outdent the item, press Shift + Tab on your keyboard. This will move the item one level to the left, bringing it back up to the main level of the bullet point.
  4. If you want to indent or outdent multiple items at once, you can select all of them and then use the Tab or Shift + Tab keys to indent or outdent them all together.

That's it! Using these keyboard shortcuts can save you a lot of time and make it easier to format your tables in Microsoft Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Alt+Shift+Right/Left Arrow should work.

"francine" wrote in message
How do I indent or outdent a bulleted item in a table using shortcut keys

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
francine francine is offline

You are brilliant, thansks. francine

"francine" wrote in message
How do I indent or outdent a bulleted item in a table using shortcut keys

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Generally speaking, Ctrl+Tab is used to insert a tab character in a table,
so it is possible that Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab would also work (when you
have the option to use Tab and Shift+Tab for indenting enabled).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Alt+Shift+Right/Left Arrow should work.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.