Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
peteransleydotcom peteransleydotcom is offline

Default wordpad no easir to read on larger monitor

I have a 19 inch monitor set to 1024x768res on winxp. I did this to
increase my ability to read on the computer screen. HTML auto sizes
page and text to fit the screen and is easy to see without changing
fonts, margins etc. Wordpad only autosizes the frame to fit, nothing
else gets any larger. So documents leave a lot of space to the right of
ruler which in turn makes the documents no easier to read than when on a
smaller monitor. Even if I increase the font size it just puts big
letters in the same small space. Unfortunately 3.5 additional inches go
beyond the ruler, to the right, in which nothing is displayed but more
blank tool bar. The Wrap to screen option allows you to use the whole
screen but the letters are still as small as on the wrap to ruler
otion.

Imagine buying a book with large print to read and you have to put the
book across the room from you.

I would prefer the margin setting on the ruler go all the way across
the screen, thus enlarging documents, proportionate to size of the
screen, so that I can read them easier and the printer scale it for
view on the document. The ruler can say 7 inches but go all the way
across the screen. Is there a command, code change, regedit fix for
this other than turning on the disability access?

contact me through peteransley.com, these threads are pretty hard to
read too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Since this newsgroup is for Word, which allows you to change the Zoom ratio
up to 500%, you may not find much sympathy here (and probably no help,
either). Why not try posting in a newsgroup intended for WordPad? You might
also look into Windows' Accessibility Options, which include a Magnifier.

"peteransleydotcom" wrote in
message news

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
peteransleydotcom peteransleydotcom is offline

I regret exposing my further frustration. There is no "wordpad" forum.
Forgive me, but I keep forgetting the only thing about MS that really
irritates me is that word 95, word 6, word 8, word 97, word 2000, word
Nth power, word pad,winwrite, notepad, and almost EVERY VERSION of MS
WORKS are all designed to have almost nothing to do with the other.
Hence 5 years of work in 500 docs made in win 3.1 and first MS WORKS
are lumps of unintelligible text in win xp, along with my can't open
WPwin docs. I was the first person I knew to get a PC when computing
was a new thing. Since I've been writing all that time, and not buying
every new OS that MS designed.

Let's try this instead, is there a non MS, non Adobe, word processor,
NOT as large as the Open source one, that will probably be READABLE IN
THE NEXT FEW YEARS. Perhaps that MIGHT have a help site?

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Since this newsgroup is for Word, which allows you to change the Zoom
ratio
up to 500%, you may not find much sympathy here (and probably no help,
either). Why not try posting in a newsgroup intended for WordPad? You
might
also look into Windows' Accessibility Options, which include a
Magnifier.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.