Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sue z Sue z is offline

Default business cards

when I print business cards they start too high up on the paper. This
happens if I use word or avery. Happens both at my work and at my home.
Have alligned printer, adjusted template, etc...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What happens if you print on plain paper and then compare the positioning to
the labels. Many printers do not accurately feed label stock, which can
cause the problem that you are experiencing. If the misalignment is
consistent on all labels on the sheet, you may get around it by formatting
the first paragraph on each label with some space before it to move the text
down a bit.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sue z" Sue wrote in message
when I print business cards they start too high up on the paper. This
happens if I use word or avery. Happens both at my work and at my home.
Have alligned printer, adjusted template, etc...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sue z Sue z is offline

Hi Thanks for the answer. Today I did an experiment and the cards printed
fine on plain paper. Then i used the copier part of the printer to print the
cards on business card stock and the same thing happened. Light goes off
over my head.. contact HP, they walk me through setting the paper for heavier
stock...beautifully alingend cards! Thanks fo your suggestion