Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Oberneder Mike Oberneder is offline

Default MS Word should let me highlight & bold in ONE click

To make text stand out in a document that I'm saving on my hard drive, I can
highlight text with my mouse, then (a) make it bold, then (b) highlight it as
yellow. This requires 2 steps (a and b above), for each text I select with
my mouse, which might be 10 areas or more in a document. You also have to
"Bold" first, then "highlight". If you reverse the order, you have to
reselect the text. It would be nice to be able to define (bold, yellow
highlight), and then click a button that would do both of those functions
with a single click. Perhaps even more. Say if I wanted to also make it
super or sub script as well. In other words, being able to define how I want
text to look, assign that definition to a button on the toolbar, then all I
have to do is select the text with my mouse, then ONE click on the toolbar
button. Hope you agree this is a worth while feature. It helps me to both
boldface and yellow highlight areas in a document, so later when I open it
up, all the real important areas get my attention. If you respond to this,
please use my home e-mail at .
Thanks!
Mike Oberneder (317) 306-7362 W or (317) 460-0445 Cell.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

.
Thanks!
Mike Oberneder (317) 306-7362 W or (317) 460-0445 Cell.

This function has been there for ages. Its called Styles. Press F1 and
look it up.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Two thoughts to offer in regard to the suggestion - although I understand
your position.

1. Everything else you mention (bold, italic , etc.) are *Character
Formatting* attributes, Highlighter is *not*. It is a proofing tool added
for convenience more than anything else.

2. You can add buttons to any toolbar - including a custom toolbar of your
own design - to apply Styles and/or any other effects you wish (including
Macros to apply multiple actions), but if you do so for every conceivable
combination it will take longer to locate the button you need when you need
it than it would to work within the existing framework of the program - and
your screen would be so cluttered with those *convenient* buttons that you
wouldn't be able to view any of the doc in the first place.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/20/06 1:26 PM, in article
, "Mike Oberneder" Mike
wrote:

[...]

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=589ef085-1465
-4cbc-a37e-9964cdcc9c3d&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Text shading can be used instead of Highlighter, though. More versatile all
round and can be included in a character style.

.. .

wrote:

[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

"I

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then