Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JEP JEP is offline

Default two-column centering

I'm doing a flyer, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, two to a page. How can I get the right and
left margins to be the same on each flyer? In other words, how can I center
both sides of the page, both columns, so they have the same right and left
margins.

I will print the page and cut in half to create two flyers.

Also, how do I put paper in the printer to get the back side to print
correctly?

thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

One easy way, if you have Word 2000 or above, is to use the "2 pages per
sheet" option in Page Setup (not the one in the Print dialog) to create two
logical pages on a physical page. Then just set up one flyer and copy/paste
it to the second "page" or print the single page twice by telling Word to
print "Pages 1, 1."

If you want to continue to use columns, however, make the distance between
columns the sum of your left and right margins. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

Printing the second side is a matter of trial and error. You'll need to test
your printer to see how you have to orient the paper to print the back side.
If it's a duplex printer, set it to "flip" on the short edge rather than the
long.