Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Courjam Courjam is offline

Default Repeat phrases

I want to repeat the same phrase thoughtout a very large word document at
several "insertion" points.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm sure this is dead easy. Assign a short-cut key or something? Over to you
Suzanne!

"Courjam" wrote in message
I want to repeat the same phrase thoughtout a very large word document at
several "insertion" points.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, there's one way, which I've just tried. But there may be a much
shorter one. Open a blank document in Word. Type in your wanted expression
(with a leading space?). Save it as say fred (as long as there isn't another
fred file!). Then in your main document, at each wanted point type ALT-I, l,
(that's Insert, file) fred. But here must be a quicker and easier way.
Stand by.

"Courjam" wrote in message
I want to repeat the same phrase thoughtout a very large word document at
several "insertion" points.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ok Another way I've just tried. In a blank document, set up to record a
Macro, type in the expression. Then close the Macro and assign a short cut
key to it (I've chose CTRL-ALT-K for mine (hope that doesn't clash with
anything). There could still be an even better way that the real experts
will outline shortly, I've no doubt!

..

"Courjam" wrote in message
I want to repeat the same phrase thoughtout a very large word document at
several "insertion" points.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Several methods are collected in the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. For example, use a
bookmark and a cross-reference (see item 3 in the article), or a
document property (item 4).

Alternatively, you can apply a character style to the phrase and then
insert StyleRef fields to reference the styled phrase. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP