Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] sbloom@earlvillepost.com is offline

Default Normal.dot autorecovery

Is there a way to disable autorecovery saving for Normal.dot without
turning AutoRecovery all altogether? I make a change to Normal.dot
perhaps once a week and don't need it autosaved every 10 minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Making changes to normal.dot once a week is a lot, at least for me.

I don't know of autorecovery information being saved for normal.dot unless
changes have been made.

Do you have the option checked to prompt before saving changes to
normal.dot? You should.
Tools Options Save

What tells you that normal.dot is being autosaved every ten minutes?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way to disable autorecovery saving for Normal.dot without
turning AutoRecovery all altogether? I make a change to Normal.dot
perhaps once a week and don't need it autosaved every 10 minutes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] sbloom@earlvillepost.com is offline

What tells you that normal.dot is being autosaved every ten minutes?

A message on the status bar. And Word freezes while it's happening. And
sometimes I get a message telling me it's failed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Do you have the option checked to prompt before saving changes to
normal.dot? You should.
Tools Options Save

Version of Word?

What is your antivirus program?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...

What tells you that normal.dot is being autosaved every ten minutes?

A message on the status bar. And Word freezes while it's happening. And
sometimes I get a message telling me it's failed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] sbloom@earlvillepost.com is offline

Tools Options Save

Checked, and has been throughout.

Version of Word?

2003 SP2

What is your antivirus program?

None.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

No antivirus program - this is a problem!

I use AVG which does not seem to cause the problems that Norton does. Mine
catches at least one virus- or worm-infected message a week.