Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Default New at tables

Using Word 2002 on Windows XP

What I'm attempting to do is a English to Spanish dictionary for self-study
purposes using a whole sheet Word doc. There will be end up being multiple
pages of course.

Presently, I have a two column table with 500+ rows so far, but that results
in many pages and wasted space. Now for the part I don't know how to do.
There is enough room on each page for two sets of these double columns, but
there needs to be a gutter or something separating them and have each double
set act independently on each page, so I can cut down on the number of pages
I will have to print. This is probably a very simple problem for those of
you "in the know". I want two independent, double columns per page and I
need a little help creating it. Am I making any sense here?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Use the columns feature as well as tables, or use a five-column table with a
narrow middle column for your gutter.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"billybob" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Newspaper-style columns will be better, though, because they'll rewrap
naturally as text is added or removed. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm. If you select the
number of columns before inserting the table, then the table will
automatically be just the width of the column.

"billybob" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Thanks bunches Suzanne and Charles for your very easy to understand
the response columns, I know it is going to be material worth reading. Yes,
I know it sounds like I'm blowing smoke, but the compliment is genuine, I
assure you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

You are welcome. Just giving back some of the excellent help that I've
received here over the years.