Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

Default How do you Lock text to a page in word

I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one on page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text to the
second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on page two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I have tried to put it into a header but the header seems to
link to the first page I am not sure how to start a new header/footer for
page two any suggestions would be welcome?

"andy" wrote in message
I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one on

page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text to

the
second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on page

two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm. If the document is
just two or three pages, you can take advantage of the three header types
you can have in a given section; beyond that, you'll need a section break.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to do this if the text on page 2 is part of the document
flow. You might experiment with putting it in a header that appears only

on
that page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"andy" wrote in message
I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one

on
page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text

second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on

page
two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Stay away from "sub document."

I can't make that statement too strongly.

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial
(for simulating different margins on different pages, among other things)

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"andy" wrote in message
I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one on
page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text to
the
second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on page
two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

You can easily put text into tables (without borders) in headers or footers.
What are you trying to do?
--

"andy" wrote in message
I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one on
page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text to
the
second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on
page
two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

I am making a letter for my buisness with a header with my logo in and a
footer with my addreess ect ect that is fine, i have a second page which is
for the back of the letter which I am trying to fix my Terms and conditions
to but the text moves down the page when you type on the first page, and I
could find no way of fixing the second page, thats why I was trying to paste
the text into a large header but when i do it only accepts one colume of text
which is spread accross the page the second colume disapers.

"andy" wrote in message
I have made a two sided document with a header and footer on page one on
page
two I have my buisness terms and conditions how do I lock this text to
the
second page as evert time I type on page one the text moves down on
page
two.
I found the lock sub document button but it stays grey so cannot be
used?Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Please read the articles that I gave you earlier.

You can put material for a last page in your (continuation) footer and have
it only appear on the last page. Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm. You do not need or want a
section break for this.