Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
James James is offline

Default Print layout problem

Hi. I am using MSWord 2003 SP1 and have always edited on "Print
Layout", in order to get an idea of how a document is setting out.
Over the last couple of days, I have noticed that when I start Word,
the cursor appears to be right at the top of the page, where the header
would be located. However, in actual fact if I type a few charaters
and "Print Preview" then they are positioned after the header space as
normal. Additionally, if I start word and do "View" "Headers and
footers" and then close the headers and footers, the cursor reverts to
the usual place on the Print Layout, just after the head and footer
position. I must have altered some setting unknowingly. Could anyone
tell me how to restore this so that the cursor shows in the normal
position on start up, as it used to, after the header position? Thanks
in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

[...]