Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terri Terri is offline

Default new 2 workg with a computer/ needg hlp wth how 2 design transfers

startg small t-shirt company needg help on how to work company wth transfer
design. i dont know how to do anything (computer for dummies is needed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

terri wrote:
startg small t-shirt company needg help on how to work company wth
transfer design. i dont know how to do anything (computer for
dummies is needed

First, choose an appropriate tool. Unless you don't have any other software,
Microsoft Word is not appropriate for creating t-shirt designs. You need a
graphics program that treats text as one of many kinds of graphics objects.
At the high end you'll find Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw, among others.
Even the Paint program that comes with Windows, as simple as it is, would be
a better choice than Word.

If you must use Word, you should know that Word by itself can't print
mirror-imaged pages (one reason it isn't an appropriate tool). Many inkjet
printers do have that capability -- open the Print dialog, click the
Properties button next to the printer name, and look for some option like
"T-Shirt Transfer" or "mirror image" or "flip horizontal". Every printer's
dialog is different; the option might be a check box or a choice in a
dropdown, or something else.

Finally, learn to write full words and sentences. This isn't the right place
to show off your cell-phone texting prowess.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And Terri, note how much easier the reply is to read than your question was,
because Jay has taken the trouble to use sentences, capital I, minimal
abbreviations. The old rules about writing for clarity had a reason... Good
luck anyway -- not trying to be picky.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
terri wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, for all we know she may be posting to the MS Communities on her
BlackBerry or cell phone. g

terri wrote:
[...]

newsgroup
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I occasionally send brief text messages with my cell phone to email
addresses. I am limited to 120 characters and yet I do NOT use that
irritating method of shorthand/abbreviations. If I can't say it in 120
characters, then I don't need to send it.

(Characters w/spaces - 248)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, for all we know she may be posting to the MS Communities on her
BlackBerry or cell phone. g

so
all may benefit.

terri wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

True. Didn't think of that. But I hate to see language and construction
sliding away to near oblivion. And as for templates (excluding normal.dot,
formatting etc.) what a bane! No-one seems to want to construct actual
documents any more. There's probably a template for asking about templates,
so the poster doesn't even have to take any trouble with that... I feel
better now.

terri wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I correspond with a young man in Pakistan now and then. He's a nice kid but
talks like that. He says things like "I hope u r fi9." Finine? I don't know
if I am finine because I don't know what finine is. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message ...
eggsackly the point i m8d or ment to

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I occasionally send brief text messages with my cell phone to email
addresses. I am limited to 120 characters and yet I do NOT use that
irritating method of shorthand/abbreviations. If I can't say it in 120
characters, then I don't need to send it.

(Characters w/spaces - 248)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, for all we know she may be posting to the MS Communities on her
BlackBerry or cell phone. g

newsgroup so
all may benefit.