Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas silas is offline

Default Word 2000 installation problem...

Hi,

My wife and I use WinXP SP2 on Dell Dimensions. I have MS Works with Word
2000 and she has Office 97 installed. I wanted to upgrade her Word so I used
the Word 2000 disk from my package. She now has Word 2000 but every time she
opens Word or attempts to send an email (Outlook Express 6.0) she receives a
pop-up saying something like "MS Word 2000: the feature you're trying to use
is on a CD/ROM or other removable disk that is not available". When she
clicks OK or Cancel she gets an "Error 1706" which she can then click away
and proceed with her task.

I used the disk to do a repair on the Word installation but the box
continues to pop up.

I'd appreciate any advice.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Silas,

My wife and I use WinXP SP2 on Dell Dimensions. I have MS Works with Word
2000 and she has Office 97 installed. I wanted to upgrade her Word so I used
the Word 2000 disk from my package. She now has Word 2000 but every time she
opens Word or attempts to send an email (Outlook Express 6.0) she receives a
pop-up saying something like "MS Word 2000: the feature you're trying to use
is on a CD/ROM or other removable disk that is not available". When she
clicks OK or Cancel she gets an "Error 1706" which she can then click away
and proceed with her task.

I used the disk to do a repair on the Word installation but the box
continues to pop up.

Make sure Word and Outlook are closed. Check in the Control Panel/Add Remove
programs whether a "Works Addin" of some kind is present and if so, uninstall
that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 2003 Mailmerge problem - works in Word 2000 Rick Robinson Mailmerge 2 April 28th 05 10:16 AM