Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
needhelp needhelp is offline

Default How to do a global change to get 2 spaces after each sent period.

Want to make the document consistent. Either one space or two after the
sentence terminates. I work on manuscripts and depending on the style they
require either or. So how can I go in and make them all the same thru out
the document instead of doing them a sentence at a time. Ex: I bit my
tongue. It hurt bad. I cried. (one space - two space). Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

IF you use Word's grammar checker (which I DON'T advise) you can set it to
mark single or double spaces (whichever you declare nonstandard). Otherwise,
you can use Find and Replace search for instances of more than one space and
replace with a single one; the reverse is much more difficult and not
recommended anyway.