Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jadziag jadziag is offline

Default blank page number in first seven pages of front matter

I don't want any page numbering at all on the first seven pages of
my book document. I divided the book into sections. When I add page numbers
section two, Word adds page numbers to section one, the first seven pages
where I don't want page numbers. I unlink section two from section one,
yet can't get the first seven pages to be blank footers with no page numbers
while retaining page numbers in the footers of section two. What am I doing
wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you've unlinked the footers in Section 2 from the footers in Section 1,
you should be able to delete the footer content (including page numbers) in
Section 1 without affecting the footer content in Section 2. If you used
Insert | Page Numbers to insert the page numbers, delete those entirely
(including the frames they're in) and start fresh using the Insert Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

For more on both issues, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"jadziag" wrote in message
I don't want any page numbering at all on the first seven pages of
my book document. I divided the book into sections. When I add page

numbers
section two, Word adds page numbers to section one, the first seven pages
where I don't want page numbers. I unlink section two from section one,
yet can't get the first seven pages to be blank footers with no page

numbers
while retaining page numbers in the footers of section two. What am I

doing
wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How can I force page numbering to start with an even number? Stuart Microsoft Word Help 6 June 22nd 06 10:51 AM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
Page numbering in footers, Outside margin, Page Number + Number of Pages Eric G Page Layout 6 April 22nd 05 12:28 PM
Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 07:58 AM
Worrd2003: Header/Footer Odd/Even Pages Page Numbering Section Br Reenie Page Layout 1 January 7th 05 03:15 PM