Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DawnManey DawnManey is offline

Default How do I underline text but let the line continue past the text?

I am trying to underline text on a line. I want the line to continue past
the text but it doesn't. I want it to look something like this.......

Sample...................... [I want the word "sample" to be underlined and
then have the line continue past the word "sample." Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Type the word 'Sample' plus as many extra spaces as you want, then at the
end of the line, type CTRLSHIFTSPACE

Mark the whole line and click the 'Underline Button' (or CTRL u)

Cheers,

Chris.

"DawnManey" wrote in message
I am trying to underline text on a line. I want the line to continue past
the text but it doesn't. I want it to look something like this.......

Sample...................... [I want the word "sample" to be underlined
and
then have the line continue past the word "sample." Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Chris

You type the word 'Sample' and then press TAB and Return. The TAB needs to
be formatted as a dot leader, right aligned to the right margin.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"DawnManey" wrote in message
I am trying to underline text on a line. I want the line to continue past
the text but it doesn't. I want it to look something like this.......

Sample...................... [I want the word "sample" to be underlined
and
then have the line continue past the word "sample." Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Fair enough, but my way does work too...

Not sure what '...formatted as a dot leader, right aligned to the right
margin' means though, a simple TAB seems to do the trick.

:-))

Chris.

"DawnManey" wrote in message
I am trying to underline text on a line. I want the line to continue
past
the text but it doesn't. I want it to look something like this.......

Sample...................... [I want the word "sample" to be underlined
and
then have the line continue past the word "sample." Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Chris

In fact, you way works perfectly. I missed that Sample needs to be
underlined, not just the following space to its right.

Tab leaders are what you see when you insert a ToC. It's a row of dots or a
line leading between a heading and the page number in that instance.

Also note that I never saw your reply before sending my reply: the Newsgroup
takes several minutes for messages to appear.

Terry