Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Justiniano Michael Justiniano is offline

Default How to move endnote list to another place

(Word 2007 Beta 2)

Hello,

I have a large document, separated into sections, but with continuous
endnotes. The endnotes list appears in the very end of the document, but I
want it to appear earlier. How can I move this list? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWljaGFlbCBKdXN0aW5pYW5v?=,

I have a large document, separated into sections, but with continuous
endnotes. The endnotes list appears in the very end of the document, but I
want it to appear earlier. How can I move this list?

There's no way to freely move a list of end-notes in a Word document. As the
name says, they're END NOTES, meaning they have to appear at the end of
something. They can be either at the end of the document, or at the end of a
section.

So you'd need to insert a section break at the point where the end notes
should be in the document. But please note that section breaks can lead to
other problems...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that you can *suppress* the endnotes after some sections,
which makes it possible to control where they end up. I'm not using
the Word 2007 beta, so I can't give any detailed instructions, but a
description for older versions can be found in the "I need to put a
bibliography after my endnotes, but Word won’t let me" section of the
article at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cindy M." wrote in message news:VA.0000023a.00f7dc45@speedy...
[...]

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17

2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.