Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Default Two lines aren't spaced correctly.

I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is the extra space between the lines in the paragraph (line spacing) or
above or below the paragraph (Spacing Before/After)? Both settings are found
in the Format | Paragraph dialog.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of

them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two

lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

It's LINE SPACING I guess.....
The ITEMS are one after another....bang, bang, bang, etc.
But the fourth one is the one that seems to have the space between the first
and second line.

I went to Format/Paragraph and clicked on both tabs.
Each of them say "Single Spacing..."

This is how it looks:
1. Leadership needs open the doors for people who are called of God
to step up and serve.

2. Spiritual leaders must stand firm on God’s revealed Word and live
daily with a sense of God’s presence.

3. Leaders must share their visions and give clear instructions
concerning the actions those they lead are to take.

4. Leaders should establish definite, clear accountability – the
tasks to be done, by what date, how they can know the job is accomplished,
and to whom they are responsible.

Thanks for your help.
Doug

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is the extra space between the lines in the paragraph (line spacing) or
above or below the paragraph (Spacing Before/After)? Both settings are
found
in the Format | Paragraph dialog.

so
all may benefit.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of

them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two

lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm not seeing (vertical) space between the lines here, just extra
horizontal space at the end of the first line. If that's the problem, check
for a line break or tab; it's easiest to troubleshoot such issues if you
display nonprinting characters (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of

them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two

lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make

it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

SEE BELOW:

This is what is on the second line:

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of

them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two

lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Suzanne, I turned on the display NPCs as you suggested; however, I can't see
anything that might cause the problem.
I took a JPG image of those 6 or 8 lines. Is there some way I can sent the
JPG to you to see it?

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
I've prepared a document that is just like I want it except:

At the end of the document I have four items - with bullets. Three of
them
are fine.
Item 3 and 4 contains two lines each. On item 4 the second of the two
lines
looks like it's double-spaced and I can't seem to do anything to make

it
single spaced.

Any help please?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Thanks so much Suzanne!

Doug

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
For anyone else who may be following this, Doug had a 12-point Arial
period
at the end of an 8-pt Arial paragraph, which increased the line spacing.

so
all may benefit.

Thank you.

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.