Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
englishrose4719 englishrose4719 is offline

Default how do i use the 'fill in' function on a word doc?

i cannot get the fill in function to work on a word doc. basically i need
to send a standard letter to different people. instead of typing in a
different address and printing out each letter individually etc i wanted to
use the fill in function to prompt me. I have tried to go by the Office
Assitant help (which is about as user friendly as a chocolate teapot!!!) Its
full of references to switches and prompts etc but when ive tried to set it
up, the {FILLIN prompt doesnt appear anywhere and when ive saved the letter
and re-opened it i have no idea how to get it to prompt me for the new data.
Somebody pleeeeeeeeeease help before the pc gets chucked across the room!!
thanks lots
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm helps.