Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default making page wider than 22"? for a table

Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order to do
that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in publisher.
Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22" either in
landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word has a hard-coded limit on the page size of 22" in both directions, so
you aren't going to be able to do what you ask.

Probably JoAnn will be along in a few minutes to tell you how to fix the
table in Publisher...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bruce wrote:
Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order
to do that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in
publisher. Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22"
either in landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruce Bruce is offline

must be a way to do it, in the pub. newsgroup, they say to do it in word
then past it from word into publisher.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Word has a hard-coded limit on the page size of 22" in both directions, so
you aren't going to be able to do what you ask.

Probably JoAnn will be along in a few minutes to tell you how to fix the
table in Publisher...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Bruce wrote:
Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order
to do that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in
publisher. Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22"
either in landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Well Bruce, in Publisher you never said you wanted a 22" table. This is a
different situation. Publisher tables do not overflow to the next page. If you
setup your page as a poster or banner you will get more than 22" and you can
make the table to fit, the print out will be tiled.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

Bruce wrote:
Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order
to do that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in
publisher. Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22"
either in landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruce Bruce is offline

Mary, The table actually is about 30 inches long. I don't recall if it was
you or someone else suggested of making the the table in word, then pasting
it in publisher.

There is no problem in making the page 30 inches long in publisher, but word
limits to 22" ?

Therefore the problem is making a 30 inch table in word if only 22 inches is
available?

What I need to do, or would like to do is adjust each row differntly in the
table. One row I may need at .75, another .25, and another 1.
If I highlight, one row of cells, I want to go into properties and adjust
it, as with the other rows, but can not do it in word, if it is a 22 inch
limits.
I can approx. it in publisher but looking at the ruler, but there must be a
way to adjust the row/cell properties, without changing all 3 rows?
thanks Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
must be a way to do it, in the pub. newsgroup, they say to do it in word
then past it from word into publisher.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Word has a hard-coded limit on the page size of 22" in both directions,
so you aren't going to be able to do what you ask.

Probably JoAnn will be along in a few minutes to tell you how to fix the
table in Publisher...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Bruce wrote:
Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order
to do that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in
publisher. Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22"
either in landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruce Bruce is offline

Good question.
I have never used excel actually, would be the reason.
Though it should not be all that diffiuclt to do a table in publisher or
word, without too much diffiuculty, I thought
I had used word for the longest time before I got into publisher, and ppt.
Not sure I want to endevour to learn excel.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Why not do it in Excel?

Bruce wrote:
Been trying to make a table that I can adjust in publisher. In order
to do that, apparently I have to make it in word, then paste it in
publisher. Can't adjust the cell sizes differently in publisher

It is approx. 30" long, by 2"

I go to page setup, and it will only allow me to do a max. of 22"
either in landscape or portrait mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Bruce,

Good question.
I have never used excel actually, would be the reason.
Though it should not be all that diffiuclt to do a table in publisher or
word, without too much diffiuculty, I thought
I had used word for the longest time before I got into publisher, and ppt.
Not sure I want to endevour to learn excel.

Not much to learn, if all you want to do is create a static table (as you
would in Word). Start the programm :-) Type text into the cells, as required.
Drag the cell margins to get the column widths and row heights (or use the
Format/Cell command to specify very exact measurements). Select all the cells
you need in Publisher. Edit/Copy. Go to Publisher. Edit/Paste.

The really nice thing about Excel is that it breaks big things (tables,
graphics) across pages - both vertically and horizontally - with an overlap.
Love it...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bruce Bruce is offline

I can pretty much drag the table lines in publisher, but in some programs I
have, I can go into cell properties, and enter a measurement, and it will
adjust it to that row, or colum, or cells, rather than dragging and trying
to figure out the measurement, by dragging a ruler