Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary Gary is offline

Default Envelopes and Labels

Is there a way to set the measurement for the 'Delivery address' on the
'Envelope Options' tab. I find that I always use the same 'From left' (4 cm)
and 'From top' (3.9 cm) measurements whenever I print an envelope and it
would make life that little bit easier if I didn't have to keep going into
this tab to set those options.

Thanks to all who can help,
Spear.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The position of the delivery address is determined by a frame that is
defined as part of the Envelope Address style. If you modify this style to
position the frame differently (or even to change the rather puzzling indent
of the paragraph inside this frame), you will solve the problem. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html for tips on
accessing and modifying the style.

"Gary" wrote in message
Is there a way to set the measurement for the 'Delivery address' on the
'Envelope Options' tab. I find that I always use the same 'From left' (4

cm)
and 'From top' (3.9 cm) measurements whenever I print an envelope and it
would make life that little bit easier if I didn't have to keep going into
this tab to set those options.

Thanks to all who can help,
Spear.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Gary

I might add that I got so annoyed with this that I simply created templates
for the 2 envelope sizes that I normally use. Though Shauna's style change
does sort it out.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Gary" wrote in message
Is there a way to set the measurement for the 'Delivery address' on the
'Envelope Options' tab. I find that I always use the same 'From left' (4
cm) and 'From top' (3.9 cm) measurements whenever I print an envelope and
it would make life that little bit easier if I didn't have to keep going
into this tab to set those options.

Thanks to all who can help,
Spear.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I use specific templates for a variety of envelopes--currently 12 different
ones, some the same size but with different return addresses, fonts, etc.,
but also ones in a variety of commonly used sizes.