Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hmm hmm is offline

Default Headings in a table

I want to place some numbered headings in a Word 2000 table, but use a
different indent and font size than the style for that heading number.
Questions:

a. If I edit the indent and font of these cells, will they (annoyingly)
revert to the heading style's every time Word updates the document?
b. If so, how do I name the style for these cells, or do whatever is
necessary, so that Word will know to number them according to the intended
heading layer?

I must add that for numbering, I am using the cascaded-styles approach,
from Shauna Kelly's "How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in
your Microsoft Word document," link:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?aG1t?=,

I want to place some numbered headings in a Word 2000 table, but use a
different indent and font size than the style for that heading number.
Questions:

a. If I edit the indent and font of these cells, will they (annoyingly)
revert to the heading style's every time Word updates the document?
b. If so, how do I name the style for these cells, or do whatever is
necessary, so that Word will know to number them according to the intended
heading layer?

Set up your Outline numbering to be linked with the Heading styles you use
outside the table.

Now create a new style. BASE it on the heading level with the numbering you
want to continue. Change the font size, indent and other attributes of the
style.

Because you've based it on Heading 2, it should inherit the number formatting
from Heading 2 and carry the numbering through.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org