Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
karencoombs karencoombs is offline

Default Word, there has appeared a dash below the curser, how to delete?

In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I cannot get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there is no
way to get rid of it.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I cannot

get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
karencoombs karencoombs is offline

Default Word, there has appeared a dash below the curser, how to delet

I have had Word for years. How come I have never seen it before.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there is no
way to get rid of it.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I cannot

get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You've never worked in Normal view? Note that the "dash" I'm talking about
is a short, heavy black line at the bottom left margin of the document. It
will not move with the insertion point. If you have something that moves
with the insertion point, then it's something else. It is especially handy
for people who don't display nonprinting characters because it indicates
where the end of the document is. If you've got dozens of empty paragraphs
below your last line of text (which will ultimately result in an extra,
blank page being "printed"), you'll see a lot of space between your text and
the end-of-document marker. Or if you have added Spacing Below to your
paragraph, you'll see that space between the paragraph mark (or insertion
point) and the EOD marker.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there is

no
way to get rid of it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I

cannot
get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
karencoombs karencoombs is offline

This heavy black line is just below the insertion point and moves down the
page with the insertion point. Any other ideas. Thanks so much for your
thoughts.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there is

no
way to get rid of it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"karencoombs" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I

cannot
get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But does it move *across* the page with the insertion point?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Switch from Normal to Print Layout view. What you're seeing is the
end-of-document marker. It is always displayed in Normal view; there

is
no
way to get rid of it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"karencoombs" wrote in

message
In Word 2003, there has appeared a dash mark below the curser. I

cannot
get
below it to delete it. How do I get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Aha. I was *wondering* what you meant about moving with the insertion
point. Okay, the end of document marker moves down but not across the page.
Now I get it.

Yep, sounds like the end of document marker on karencoombs question.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You've never worked in Normal view? Note that the "dash" I'm talking

about
is a short, heavy black line at the bottom left margin of the document.

It
will not move with the insertion point. If you have something that moves
with the insertion point, then it's something else.

snip