Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
vicenflor vicenflor is offline

Default How to fix the position of a text box

Hello,

I'm trying to "burn" the position of a text box into a document. I know
that I can define an exact vertical and horizontal position of the text
box and that I can avoid that the text box is moved the cursor
position.

But the problem is : When I want to add text to the text box, this text
box is selected and this could lead to any "unwanted" displacement of
the text box. I really want to fix it to the page so that it never can
move by accident.

Is there any way of protection, vba code or other work around which can
help to keep the text box at its initial location?

Any help is welcome.

Vicenflor

--
vicenflor
vicenflor's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=1074

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The best you can do is to wait until editing is complete, then anchor
the text box to a paragraph in the middle of the page (so that it is
unlikely to move, even if the document is printed on a different
printer which could change the page breaks) and set its position in
the Advanced Layout dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP