Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bigscribbler bigscribbler is offline

Default endnotes break up

I am creating a Word document using endnotes (first time I've used them).
But they lay out in blocks of text at the end of the document, separated by
"dulled" paragraph marks which I can't remove.
So 20 or 30 endnotes are spread out over 6 or 7 pages, with only about half
of each page taken up by the actual endnotes text and numbers.
Any ideas out there as to how to fix it. (Using MS Word 2003, WinXP SP2.)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Endnotes don't normally behave like this, so some guesses:

Try resetting the Separator as described he
See "5. Random Lines Appear" in
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm

View | Header Footer. Does that give you access to the grayed-out paragraph
marks?

If you accidentally entered extra paragraph marks in the endnote itself,
sometimes you can backspace them away where Word won't let you select and
delete. But those paragraph marks should not be grayed out, so I don't
think that's the issue.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/