Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Custom dictionary full? What to do?

The message is almost certainly bogus. See "'The custom dictionary is full.
The word was not added' error message in Word 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224035

"how786" wrote in message
I got a message that my custom dictionary is full and I cannot add more
words.
What can I do about this? Hard to believe that the word limit is so low.
(I'm using Office 2000)

Thanks
How786

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Yes, I can't imagine that the custom dictionary was really full.. Don't know
the limit but it must be several Ks, which in text form is a *lot* of words.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The message is almost certainly bogus. See "'The custom dictionary is
full.
The word was not added' error message in Word 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224035

so
all may benefit.

"how786" wrote in message
I got a message that my custom dictionary is full and I cannot add more
words.
What can I do about this? Hard to believe that the word limit is so low.
(I'm using Office 2000)

Thanks
How786

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tf,

IIRC, I think it is 100kb

I think it was changed in Word 2000 or 2002 and now
officially has not limit. (Post from an MSFT person in the
spelling.grammar group... Quite a while ago.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)