Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cam474 Cam474 is offline

Default Bullet and point form layouts changing.

I have a client that has numerous word documents using bullet and point form
layouts. They are between 3 + 18 months old, but recently some of the client
machines that open the documents change the point form and layout. They can
be changed back with some time and effort. However other clients on the
network open the same documnets and the original layout is preserverd???
I have checked the clients are all Word 2003 - no SP's, and all layout
setting appear to be the samen.
Saving the documents as a new file, from a good client that presents the
layout correctly, does not enable the bad client to display the correct
layout from the new file.

Is there a specific or default stting that I have missed?
Thanks
Cameron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The first suspect on my list would be font availability - Do all systems
have the fonts that are used in the docs? If not, font substitution is
taking place & that will impact the flow of the documents.

Second in line - Printer drivers. They also influence on-screen appearance,
so if there is variation form one system to another it could be a
contributing factor.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones