Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default How to remove thumbnails of pages left in print view

When I open word in print view, I see a thumbnail view of the pages in the
left margin and the print view. I go to window and remove split. I want to
remove these thumbnails in the default position. Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm gonna take a wild guess here - it really isn't clear what you're asking,
but let's assume that the Thumbnails pane is displaying each time you open a
certain document & you would prefer that it not.

If I'm close, you're on the right track, but using Remove Split doesn't turn
the Thumbnails Pane OFF.

Go to ViewThumbnails to turn the Thumbnails Pane Off. Otherwise any
document you open will open in with the Thumbnails Pane displayed.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Don" wrote in message
When I open word in print view, I see a thumbnail view of the pages in the
left margin and the print view. I go to window and remove split. I want
remove these thumbnails in the default position. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

View | Thumbnails.

"Don" wrote in message
When I open word in print view, I see a thumbnail view of the pages in the
left margin and the print view. I go to window and remove split. I want

remove these thumbnails in the default position. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
m3mchugh m3mchugh is offline

Wrong answer... lets try the question/problem again;

When I open word in Print Preview and Close Print Preview, the Thumbnail
view Pain displays in the left margin of the Print Layout view even though I
had View | Thumbnails shut off prior to Print Preview. Its a bug.

Mike McHugh
Technical Writer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Table is Flickering! Word Table is Flickering! is offline

Did anyone ever help you with this? My co-worker is having this exact
problem now.

"Don" wrote:

When I open word in print view, I see a thumbnail view of the pages in the
left margin and the print view. I go to window and remove split. I want to
remove these thumbnails in the default position. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Giuesu Giuesu is offline

I am getting the opposite problem .
I used to be able to turn on my thumbnails but for some reason now I cannot.
I go to view and hit thumbnails and the check mark will flash in the box but
will not stay on and consequently the thumbnails do not come on either