Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bustaboo3 bustaboo3 is offline

Default Blinking ruler

I have installed Office XP (Version 2002) Professional on my laptop. When I
am working in Word the upper left corner of the ruler bar is continually
blinking. This is not happening on my desktop - only the laptop. I have
shut down the document, program and computer, but the problem does not go
away. It is not allowing me to customize the toolbar because everytime it
blinks it resets the scroll bar to the top. It appears that there is
"something" under the symbol when it blinks but for the life of me I can not
tell what it is?

Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By "blinking," do you mean that it displays only when you mouse over the top
of the screen? If so, checking Ruler on the View menu should make it remain
in view. But the "auto hide" behavior is caused by checking the box for
"Provide feedback with animation" on the General tab of Tools | Options.

"bustaboo3" u27380@uwe wrote in message news:6721d447a60ed@uwe...
I have installed Office XP (Version 2002) Professional on my laptop.

When I
am working in Word the upper left corner of the ruler bar is continually
blinking. This is not happening on my desktop - only the laptop. I have
shut down the document, program and computer, but the problem does not go
away. It is not allowing me to customize the toolbar because everytime it
blinks it resets the scroll bar to the top. It appears that there is
"something" under the symbol when it blinks but for the life of me I can

not
tell what it is?

Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bustaboo3 bustaboo3 is offline

Thanks for the response, however, the blinking is continual it has nothing to
do with the mouse over the top of the screen. I can click on the upper left
corner of screen and it will allow me to do so, however it still continues to
blick or flicker.

I also tried to unselect the "Provide feedback with animation" and it still
does the same thing. No change.

Any other suggestions?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
By "blinking," do you mean that it displays only when you mouse over the top
of the screen? If so, checking Ruler on the View menu should make it remain
in view. But the "auto hide" behavior is caused by checking the box for
"Provide feedback with animation" on the General tab of Tools | Options.

I have installed Office XP (Version 2002) Professional on my laptop. When I
am working in Word the upper left corner of the ruler bar is continually

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Please help!!!