Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
memdude memdude is offline

Default Center Line symbol

Is there a symbol available in Word for "Center Line". It should look like a
capital "L" with a "c" behind it. I've searched through the "Insert Symbols"
but can't seem to find it, or I've overlooked it. Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Center Line symbol

Yes, there is a symbol available in Word for "Center Line". It's called the "Centerline Symbol" and it looks like a capital "L" with a "c" behind it. Here's how you can insert it:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" group.
  3. Click on "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  5. Scroll down the list of symbols until you find the "Centerline Symbol" (it should be near the bottom).
  6. Click on the "Centerline Symbol" to select it.
  7. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the symbol into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Alt+0183" to insert the Centerline Symbol. Just make sure your Num Lock is on before using the shortcut.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2002 or 2003, you can type 2104 and then press Alt+X.

memdude wrote:

Is there a symbol available in Word for "Center Line". It should look like a
capital "L" with a "c" behind it. I've searched through the "Insert Symbols"
but can't seem to find it, or I've overlooked it. Thanks

Line Spacing Problem ? Robert11 New Users 2 May 4th 06 06:21 AM
dashed line turns into a solid line dbstudent Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 06 02:40 AM
Line number Darius Microsoft Word Help 5 February 20th 06 11:00 AM
first line on new page same alignment and tabs as last line on previous page problem Keith G Hicks Microsoft Word Help 5 September 28th 05 07:37 AM
bringing short lines together to make one line Hoges in WA Page Layout 9 September 17th 05 05:25 AM