Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default Printing Layout Guides as per a Publisher's Proof

When an author gets a proof copy of his book from the printers, more often
than not it will be printed on A4 paper. The actual page of the book is
indicated on the A4 page by a partial border; this border is visible at each
corner of the book's page, and extends about an inch down the sides and
across the tops of the pages.

I am typesetting a book in Word and would like to achieve the above effect
when I print out on A4 paper. I have set the Word page size to 6" by 9",
which is the size of the pages in my book; but I am printing on A4 paper and
would like to have marks in place to indicate precisely how big the actual
book pages will be.

This is kind of tricky to explain, but I hope I've got my point across. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you are describing are crop marks. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CropMarks.htm. Note that Word will *not*
print your 6" x 9" pages on the center of A4 if you set the paper size to 6"
x 9". You must set the paper size to A4 and adjust the margins accordingly
(more details in the referenced article).

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

page layout and printing bktceo Page Layout 1 June 28th 06 04:03 AM
#10 envelopes are right justifying layout when printing Jiranz Mailmerge 1 March 20th 06 07:06 AM
Does Word have Quark style line guides for accurate layout? Jockster Page Layout 1 January 30th 06 06:21 PM
How do I get rid of the corner guides that appear in print layout. ill_ag Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 05 04:51 AM
Word 2003: Reading Layout changes page numbers in TOC [email protected] Page Layout 3 January 11th 05 03:46 AM