Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
T1212 T1212 is offline

Default How do I set-up columns using Styles in Word 2003?

I am new to using Styles and muddling my way through a document. Can anyone
tell me how to create two parallel columns using Styles? (I just need the
command sequence, as I'm familiar with most of the windows now. Just can't
find Columns in the Modify menu.)

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

That's because Columns are a Layout issue, not a character or paragraph
Formatting feature (despite the fact that Columns *is* listed in the Format
Menu). AFAIK, you can't include Columns as a part of a Style.

If this is something you need to do in a number of docs you could set up a
template and/or create a macro if you choose to, but applying columns is
simple enough to do & (in my experience) varies enough from one doc to the
next that a macro isn't worth having. Templates for newsletters, reports,
etc. usually do the trick.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac