Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
faerie_bel faerie_bel is offline

Default Problem with landscape vs portrait layout - section break help?

I am using Word 2003. I have a document that begins with a landscape page
layout and finishes with a portrait page layout. The 1st page of my portrait
layout section is printing in landscape (instead of portrait) and I can't
work out why. All the pages following it are printing in portrait correctly.

I have a section break between my landscape section and my portrait section.
There are no section breaks at all in my problem page and in addition, there
are no section breaks in the entire portrait layout section of my document.
There are only column and page breaks.

Print Preview and Layout View are showing that my document should print
correctly but it does not. Can anyone offer me some advice? Do I need to add
an extra section break somewhere - if so, where? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are printing duplex, it is possible that you must use an odd
page section break; otherwise, Word tries to use different orientation
for the back and front of a sheet, which the printer may not be able
to handle.

To change the type of section (break), go to the portrait section and,
on the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout tab. At "Section
start," choose "Odd page." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP