Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
_chc1 _chc1 is offline

Default How get out of Table mode when want to continue a document?

I am formatting an 8-page newsletter. On page two, I used the Table format.
On page three, I would like to be out of the table and use whatever formats I
choose. Can't see to get out of Table.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How get out of Table mode when want to continue a document?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

To get out of Table mode in Microsoft Word, you simply need to click outside of the table. Here's a
  1. Click anywhere within the table on page two of your newsletter.
  2. Look for the "Table Tools" tab at the top of the screen. It should appear when you click within the table.
  3. Click on the "Layout" tab within the "Table Tools" tab.
  4. Look for the "Table" group on the left side of the ribbon.
  5. Click on the "Select" dropdown menu within the "Table" group.
  6. Select "Select Table" from the dropdown menu. This should highlight the entire table.
  7. Click anywhere outside of the table to deselect it. You should now be out of Table mode.

Once you're out of Table mode, you can continue formatting your newsletter using whatever formats you choose.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Right Arrow out of the last cell or click below the table. Much easier to
see what you're doing if you have table gridlines and nonprinting characters
displayed; there is *always* an empty paragraph below the table.

"_chc1" wrote in message
news
I am formatting an 8-page newsletter. On page two, I used the Table

format.
On page three, I would like to be out of the table and use whatever

formats I
choose. Can't see to get out of Table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You really need to display table gridlines. It sounds like you've got empty
table rows, which you'll need to delete.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right Arrow out of the last cell or click below the table. Much easier

see what you're doing if you have table gridlines and nonprinting

characters
displayed; there is *always* an empty paragraph below the table.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news