Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael T Michael T is offline

Default Gridlines won't print or show in preview but show on screen?

I am frustrated, I was simple cut & pasting excell tables into word adding
headers, manipulating colors in both and printing. Just updated to a full
version and can't find the "SHOW GRIDLINES" control. It was in the format
tool bar on the trial version. I tried special paste with an excell edit and
can get the sheet to show how I want it in color on both the screen and print
preview, but only the header prints the colors. The excell table insert shows
the color and font changes on the print preview but prints Black & White? I
started out today o update a price list and spent 7 hours messing around
trying to find my old friend "Show Gridlines" in all the help venues. It
shows in print preview in excell, but I can no longer locate it in word. Oh I
also bought 2 copies of office today to install on both my PC & Lap Top, so
it was a fairly expensive price list when added to the hours searching. It is
probably a simple fix, but well hidden from me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Show Gridlines is on the Table menu in Word (and always has been). If you
want them to print, you have to use borders; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm