Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Indepwman Indepwman is offline

Default Microsoft Word - Tables

Why is the first letter of each word in a table cell capitalized?

In MSWord, after I create a table by using Table, Insert, Table, and then
selecting the number of rows and cells for the table, I am prepared to type
within it.

When I type in lowercase and then tab to the next cell, the first letter of
the word in the prior tab automatically becomes a capital letter. This
happens for each subsequent cell. My caps lock is not nor am I doing anything
other than typing.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Word is assuming that the first word typed into a cell is the first word in
a paragraph and is therefore capitalizing the first letter. You can turn
off that feature for text in the cells of a table while retaining it for
sentences by selecting AutoCorrect from the Tools menu and then going to the
AutoCorrect tab and unchecking the box for "Capitalize first letter of table
cells".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.