Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bert Bert is offline

Default does word have an erase pencil?

How do I get rid of box lines after text insert?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: does word have an erase pencil?

Hi there! Word doesn't have an "erase pencil" per se, but there are a few ways to get rid of box lines after text insert. Here are a couple of options:
  1. Remove the borders: If the box lines are actually borders, you can remove them by selecting the text box and going to the "Format" tab in the ribbon. From there, click on the "Shape Outline" dropdown and select "No Outline." This will remove the border from the text box.
  2. Delete the text box: If you don't need the text box anymore, you can simply delete it. To do this, click on the border of the text box to select it, and then hit the "Delete" key on your keyboard. This will remove the entire text box and any text inside it.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

What kinds of boxes are you referring to? If you're talking about a text
box, simply right-click on the edge of the text box and select Format Text
Box and under Lines, use the drop down arrow next to Color and select No line.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

How do I get rid of box lines after text insert?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bert Bert is offline

Carol . . .
Thank you very much. It is strange that MS doesn't supply a simple
pencil eraser as many programs do. The ones I tried did not accept doc files.

How do I get rid of box lines after text insert?

nikjem nikjem is offline
Junior Member

It goes to word heaven and waits for another person to use it again. The words have a goal in life to be used on a paper for all the little children of the world to read.

They get made into eraser dust and you blow them away.
tcindia123 tcindia123 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
What kinds of boxes are you referring to? If you're talking about a text
box, simply right-click on the edge of the text box and select Format Text
Box and under Lines, use the drop down arrow next to Color and select No line.
thanks for the info
jasikajack jasikajack is offline
Junior Member

Word is not a graphics program. It does have an "eraser" button on the,Tables and Borders tool-bar, but this is used to merge cells, not remove borders,trange that MS doesn't supply a simple pencil eraser as many programs do,box,simply right-click on the edge of the text box and select format text,box and under Lines, use the drop down arrow next to Color and select No line.