Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kend_beledm kend_beledm is offline

Default Send Word Document as an Email - Not as an attachment

Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Kend_beledm,
Maybe one of these two will do, can't test it here since I have not yet
installed 2007 on my home computer.
Office Button - Word Options - Customize - All Commands - Reply with Changes
Office Button - Send - E-mail

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

If you right-click on the document in Windows Explorer do you not get a
"Send-To" option?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kend_beledm kend_beledm is offline

I did go back and look under the all commands and i do see additional
selections for email and send to. But I am still only able to send as
attachment. What I have done so far is select all then choose COPY and then
opened email and choose PASTE.

"Luc" wrote:

Kend_beledm,
Maybe one of these two will do, can't test it here since I have not yet
installed 2007 on my home computer.
Office Button - Word Options - Customize - All Commands - Reply with Changes
Office Button - Send - E-mail

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"kend_beledm" schreef in bericht
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
I did go back and look under the all commands and i do see additional
selections for email and send to. But I am still only able to send as
attachment. What I have done so far is select all then choose COPY and
then
opened email and choose PASTE.

And you do realise that by sending a document in this manner it is quite
probable that when your recipient opens the email, all the formatting will
be messed up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So much for the new Ribbon that has ommitted this much used command!

Go to Word Options, Customize tab. Choose the COmmands not in the Ribbon and
scroll down to SendTo, Mail Recipient and add it to the QAT. Now the command
will be available on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

If you get stuck for any other commands, try the Investigator he
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kend_beledm kend_beledm is offline

Yes we do. I had suggested to Sales and Management to send as a PDF but they
wanted to do it this way.

"Gordon" wrote:

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
I did go back and look under the all commands and i do see additional
selections for email and send to. But I am still only able to send as
attachment. What I have done so far is select all then choose COPY and
then
opened email and choose PASTE.

And you do realise that by sending a document in this manner it is quite
probable that when your recipient opens the email, all the formatting will
be messed up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kend_beledm kend_beledm is offline

Thanks - I did find that option - I guess i need to clean my glasses - didnt
see that the first time when i reviewed.

Thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

So much for the new Ribbon that has ommitted this much used command!

Go to Word Options, Customize tab. Choose the COmmands not in the Ribbon and
scroll down to SendTo, Mail Recipient and add it to the QAT. Now the command
will be available on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

If you get stuck for any other commands, try the Investigator he
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbaz jbaz is offline

I've managed to add 'send to mail recipient' to the QAT. I want to be able
to add new mail recipients to my address book so I can send the word document
I am working on directly to them.
thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

So much for the new Ribbon that has ommitted this much used command!

Go to Word Options, Customize tab. Choose the COmmands not in the Ribbon and
scroll down to SendTo, Mail Recipient and add it to the QAT. Now the command
will be available on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

If you get stuck for any other commands, try the Investigator he
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"kend_beledm" wrote in message
Looking for how i can send word document to Mail receipent and not as an
attachment. Option was in 2003 version and I am looking for the steps one
would take to do the same thing in 2007 version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"jbaz" wrote in message
I've managed to add 'send to mail recipient' to the QAT. I want to be
able
to add new mail recipients to my address book so I can send the word
document
I am working on directly to them.
thanks

You can certainly do that.
Click on the address book icon, right-click in the window and choose "New
Entry"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"jbaz" wrote in message
Thanks for your help!

YW!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sbcody sbcody is offline

followed instruction in thread to set up to send word doc in email not as an
attachment, but is that a problem for recepients without Office 2007? Is it
better to send as an attachement or as a PDF file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you need to make sure that people with older versions of Office can read
your file, make sure you save it as a Word 97-2003 version file and then
attach that. As for Word or .pdf, that depends on the document. If they need
to edit it, then don't send a .pdf file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]