Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ms. Odom Ms. Odom is offline

Default Page Numbering

Hello. How do I start numbering pages on the third page of a document? The
page numbers need to be at the bottom in the center of the page. Also, I
need the numbering to start with number two.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert a section break on page two. Then go to page three and choose
View | Header and Footer. Place the cursor inside the footer. Click
the Same as Previous / Link to Previous button on the Header and
Footer toolbar to unlink the current footer. Then insert a page number
by clicking the Insert Page Number button. If you want nothing else in
the footer than the page number, just press Ctrl+E to center it.
Otherwise, you will have to use tabs (by default, the footer as well
as the header have a centered and right-aligned tab stop set). Click
the Format Page Number button to set the starting number. Click OK.
Close the header/footer area.

If you need more information, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ms. Odom" wrote in message
Hello. How do I start numbering pages on the third page of a

document? The
page numbers need to be at the bottom in the center of the page.

Also, I
need the numbering to start with number two.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
brainstewn brainstewn is offline

How do I stop numbering on the last page that would be the back of booklet
once printed?

"Ms. Odom" wrote:

Hello. How do I start numbering pages on the third page of a document? The
page numbers need to be at the bottom in the center of the page. Also, I
need the numbering to start with number two.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a section break (New Page). Unlink the header/footer (wherever the
page number is) in the last section from the previous section (that is,
click the Same As Previous or Link to Previous button on the Header and
Footer toolbar to turn it off), then delete the page number from that
section.

"Ms. Odom" wrote:

Hello. How do I start numbering pages on the third page of a document?
The
page numbers need to be at the bottom in the center of the page. Also, I
need the numbering to start with number two.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use the following field construction in the header footer in place of the
{ PAGE } field that you will see there when you use Alt+F9 to toggle on the
display of field codes.

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "" { PAGE } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } - You
cannot copy and paste the above. You must also have a space either side of
the =

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.