Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy Nancy is offline

Default Link for mail merge help not working

Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

....it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I can't find the specific link that you mention on that page, though there
is a different one

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMeger.htm

on that page that I know no longer works.

Perhaps if you tell us what it is that you need help with, we may be able to
provide it.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy Nancy is offline

Hello Doug, thanks for responding. I am trying to do a mail merge from excel
into word that adds an individual pie chart (pre-calculates) for each person
into the mail merge letter. The quantity of people is large (4500) so it
would be hard to do individually. I thought that the suggestion (number 2) on
Cindy's website sounded like it may help, although the link that it tells you
how to do it was the one I wanted to read. I have searched the discussion
groups to see what other people have done, but most just refer you to Cindy's
website for this. If you have any other suggestions that would be great.
Thanks again, Nancy

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Nancy,

For that method, you have to preview the merge data, one record at a time,
and print as you go, which is probably not feasible if you want to do it for
4,500 people, though as Cindy says, the process could be automated so that
the preview and printing could be done automatically.

If you are using Word XP or later, I would recommend that you investigate
the fourth method - "Creating the charts on the fly as the mailmerge
executes in the main merge document"

However, to learn a bit about the use of database fields, the following
links may help:

http://www.bettersolutions.com/word/...A811111611.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...862061033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...901661033.aspx

For the last one, be sure to click on the Show All.

--
Hope this helps.

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's
website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy Nancy is offline

Hi Doug,

Thank you for all of the additional suggestions, will certainly try them
and do much research! I have Word 2003. I am sure something is bound to
work. Thanks again,

Nancy

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's
website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy Nancy is offline

Hi Doug, I am trying the 4th method, and got stuck on the following steps:

1) insert a normal module and a class module into the main merge doc and
copy cooresponding code (where can I find these modules?)
2) go to tools/references in Visual Basic Editor (I do not think I have
VBE?!), can it still work? Where do I get VBE at?

Thanks!

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's
website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy Nancy is offline

Sorry - I found this info finally, however, I do not know what the "
cooressponding code" is. Any ideas?

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's
website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The code is in the modules in the MailMergePieChartLetter.doc file

--
Hope this helps.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I can't find the specific link that you mention on that page,
though
there
is a different one

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMeger.htm

on that page that I know no longer works.

Perhaps if you tell us what it is that you need help with, we may
be able
provide it.

--
Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"Nancy" wrote in message
Hello, on the helpful site you give out : (MVP Cindy Meister's
website):
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic...

...it has a link to go to "know how" but its not working:
http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Databa...tabaseInfo.htm

Any other suggestions to find this info? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shashi Shashi is offline

Hi ,

I used the 4th mehod using the vba. When i run the vba code i get only one
record merged . I would like to create the documents with all the records.
As we have 9 records in the example file.

Any help is appreciated.

SHashi