Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Zach Gates Zach Gates is offline

Default How do I remove the gap above footnotes?

I somehow changed the style on my footnotes and now there is a large gap
above them, roughly one return long. Is there ANY way to close the gap so the
first note is just up against the separating line?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Right-click in the footnote text and click Style on the context menu.
Click Modify, Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing tab. At Spacing
Before, choose 0 (zero). Click OK, OK, Close. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Zach Gates" wrote in message
I somehow changed the style on my footnotes and now there is a large
gap
above them, roughly one return long. Is there ANY way to close the gap
so the first note is just up against the separating line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
joseph joseph is offline

Default footnote line gap

With the paragraph distance set at zero, the gap is still quite large.

How can this be reduced further (less than 2 cm)under footnote line?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's not clear from your message whether the "paragraph distance" refers to
the Footnote Text or the Footnote Separator. Both need to be addressed.

joseph wrote in message ...
With the paragraph distance set at zero, the gap is still quite large.

How can this be reduced further (less than 2 cm)under footnote line?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Net Ed Net is offline

Default How to remove the gap above footnotes (Word 2007)?

First, put the document in "Draft" view.

Second, go to References tab and click the "Show notes" button next to "Insert Footnote"

Third, select "Footnote separator" from the drop-down menu, and you will probably find a paragraph inserted after the line that separates the footnotes from the text.

This should easily solve the problem, as usually it is not a style problem.

Zach Gate wrote:

How do I remove the gap above footnotes?
20-Apr-07

I somehow changed the style on my footnotes and now there is a large gap
above them, roughly one return long. Is there ANY way to close the gap so the
first note is just up against the separating line?

On Friday, April 20, 2007 3:56 AM
Zach Gate wrote:

How do I remove the gap above footnotes?
I somehow changed the style on my footnotes and now there is a large gap
above them, roughly one return long. Is there ANY way to close the gap so the
first note is just up against the separating line?

On Friday, April 20, 2007 4:38 AM
Stefan Blom wrote:

Right-click in the footnote text and click Style on the context menu.
Right-click in the footnote text and click Style on the context menu.
Click Modify, Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing tab. At Spacing
Before, choose 0 (zero). Click OK, OK, Close. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Zach Gates" wrote in message

On Monday, April 30, 2007 10:03 AM
joseph wrote:

footnote line gap
With the paragraph distance set at zero, the gap is still quite large.

How can this be reduced further (less than 2 cm)under footnote line?

Creating a WPF Custom Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ustom-con.aspx