Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Eaves Charles Eaves is offline

Default Single line spacing?

Yes, I am a newbie to Word 2007 and I am cofused. I am using XP with SP2
installed if that helps.
My question is single line spacing.
I am composing a letter and I would like part of the letter to look like:
Example 1:
Tom Smith
213 Tom Smith Drive
Tom Smith, Idaho 44444

Instead, I get:
Example 2:
Tom Smith

213 Tom Smith Drive

Tom Smith, Idaho 44444

I highlighted Example 2,clicked on the format paragraph icon, Option 1's box
is checked.
The spacing between the lines moves up just a small bit but the is still a
space between the name and address.
I have also tried Cntrl + 1 from the keyboard.
Just how do you get example 2 to end up looking like example 1.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Eaves Charles Eaves is offline

Thank you!!!!!!
I will try that tonight.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Try inserting a line break (Shift+Enter) at the end of each line to keep
the
address block in the same paragraph, since the paragraph formatting
includes
some Space After.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Alternatively, you can select the paragraphs for your address and on the
Home tab, in the Styles gallery, click the No Spacing style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Eaves Charles Eaves is offline

Thanks for showing me another way to do single line spacing. The method that
Suzanne suggested works great and it is nice to have a backup to do things.
I like using the keyboard. Sometimes, it is just faster than using a mouse.
Thanks
"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Alternatively, you can select the paragraphs for your address and on the
Home tab, in the Styles gallery, click the No Spacing style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Charles Eaves" wrote in message
Thank you!!!!!!
I will try that tonight.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Try inserting a line break (Shift+Enter) at the end of each line to keep
the
address block in the same paragraph, since the paragraph formatting
includes
some Space After.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The method I suggested is based on the way I create letters, using styles
(see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm). Since the following
style for Inside Address is Salutation, I do not press Enter until I am
finished typing the inside address (if I did, I would get a different
style). Both the Inside Address style and the Salutation style have some
Space After (not necessarily the same amount), so they wouldn't be used
interchangeably.