Ern

Default How do I reduce file sizes for email attachments

Ihave recently downloaded the free Adobe Acrobat 6.0 on to my PC.

The PC has a Windows 2000 Professional (based on NT technology) operating
system and Microsoft Office 2000.

Since downloading Acrobat, I am unable to reduce the size and save any
graphics or documents for attaching to emails.

Can anyone suggest a way to overcome this problem other than spending over
$500 to buy the full Adobe product?

Surely Microsoft have a way of reducing file sizes for attachments.
Chuck Davis

Ihave recently downloaded the free Adobe Acrobat 6.0 on to

my PC.

The PC has a Windows 2000 Professional (based on NT

technology) operating
system and Microsoft Office 2000.

Since downloading Acrobat, I am unable to reduce the size

and save any
graphics or documents for attaching to emails.

Can anyone suggest a way to overcome this problem other

than spending over
$500 to buy the full Adobe product?

Surely Microsoft have a way of reducing file sizes for

attachments.
.

If you recently downloaded what you have called Adobe
Acrobat, check again, it is Adobe Reader 6.0. The name was
changed over a year ago because of the confusion.

There are free PDF writers for personal use, the one that
comes to mind is Win2PDF. It installs as a printer on your
system. Available at http://www.win2pdf.com

This is irrelevant to Adobe PDFs or Word docs, but the best way to reduce
file size for any attachment (with the exception, usually, of JPEGs, which
are already compressed) is to compress them using WinZip or another
compression utility. A trial version of WinZip is free (www.winzip.com), and
the full product is just $29--a tremendous bargain for the functionality it
offers (such as automatic Zip and Email).