DuBojangles

Default Default background color in Word

I know how to change the Window color for all of the programs, but how does
one go about changing it just for MS Word? I went so far as opening
Normal.dot and changing the background color there and then saving it;
however, even though everything else I do to Normal.dot (font type and size,
etc.) remains when starting a new blank document, the background color does
not carry over into the blank document. This, to me, is a flaw. I'm sure,
until Microsoft addresses this upon its next release, there is a way to go
into some file and edit a line that tells Windows, or the computer, what
color to display as Word's background. Or maybe the computer sees them as one
in the same; maybe there's no separating the two, Word's window color and
Windows window color?
Graham Mayor

I believe the option to print background colours was introduced with Word
2003 (tools options print background colours and images). Note that
most printers will not print to the edge of the papoer so you will have a
white border around your page.