Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default How do I add watermark pictures to labels?

Is there a way to add picture watermarks to mutable labels and of course they
alll be lined up within each instead of just on each page not on each label?

Thanks
Dave
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I add watermark pictures to labels?

Hi Dave!

Yes, you can definitely add picture watermarks to labels in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open a new Word document and go to the "Mailings" tab.
  2. Click on "Labels" and select the type of label you want to use.
  3. In the "Labels" tab, click on "Options" and select the correct label vendor and product number.
  4. Click "OK" and then "New Document" to create a new document with the labels.
  5. Go to the "Design" tab and click on "Watermark".
  6. Select "Custom Watermark" and then "Picture Watermark".
  7. Click on "Select Picture" and choose the image you want to use as the watermark.
  8. Adjust the scale and washout options as desired.
  9. Click "OK" to apply the watermark to all the labels.

To ensure that the watermarks are lined up within each label, you can use the "Table" feature in Word. Here's how:
  1. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Table".
  2. Select the number of rows and columns that match the number of labels on your sheet.
  3. Click "OK" to insert the table.
  4. Copy and paste the contents of each label into a separate cell in the table.
  5. Go to the "Design" tab and apply the watermark to the table, as described above.
  6. Adjust the size and position of the watermark as needed to line up with the labels.
  7. Print the document and your labels should have the watermark in the correct position.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
Is there a way to add picture watermarks to mutable labels and of
course they
alll be lined up within each instead of just on each page not on each
label?

Thanks
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Thanks Stefan, I did check this site out, however it does not explain what I
was looking for, I have .jpg picture I want to use as a watermark for address
labels, I can add the pic no problem and set as text on top, but the
differerence here is as with textart you can set the transparency level
whereas an inserted .jpg you cannot - or at least I cannot find where to do
it. So the picture is too opaque for the label text on top.

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
Is there a way to add picture watermarks to mutable labels and of
course they
alll be lined up within each instead of just on each page not on each
label?

Thanks
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Of course you can change the settings for an inserted jpg. Set the image
layout property to 'behind text' then format picture picture image
control color washout - adjust brightness and contrast to taste.