Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
beulah daniel beulah daniel is offline

Default how to split a table column wise

In ms word, we can split a table in to two row wise using split option under
table.
But when i tried spliting the table in column wise, there is no such option.
can anyone help me?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to split a table column wise

Splitting a table column-wise in Microsoft Word

1.
  1. Select the column that you want to split by clicking on the top of the column.
  2. Right-click on the selected column and choose "Cut" from the menu.
  3. Right-click on the cell where you want to insert the split column and choose "Insert Columns to the Left" or "Insert Columns to the Right" depending on where you want the new column to appear.
  4. Right-click on the new column and choose "Paste" to insert the cut column into the new location.

If you need to split multiple columns, simply repeat these steps for each column you want to split.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will have to use cut and paste to accomplish such a split. Select the
columns that you want removed, cut them (press Ctrl+X), and then paste them
at the desired location (press Ctrl+V).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"beulah daniel" beulah wrote in message
In ms word, we can split a table in to two row wise using split option
under
table.
But when i tried spliting the table in column wise, there is no such
option.
can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

There is no such option to split the table column wise. However, suppose if
you want a table of 3 splitted columns then I will suggest you to insert a
table of 5 columns and then select each additional column (2nd and 4th
column) and hide their borders using Format - Border and Shading.

Hope this help, let us know!

"beulah daniel" wrote:

In ms word, we can split a table in to two row wise using split option under
table.
But when i tried spliting the table in column wise, there is no such option.
can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SueT SueT is offline

I'm with Stefan on this. I always duplicate the table and then delete the
unwanted columns in each, leaving me with two different tables.
--
SueT