stax120

Default sequential numbering

I would like to print a list of sequential 4 digit numbers (0000, 0001 to
9999) in word. Is it possible to do?
Stefan Blom

Use the following SEQ field construct:

{ SEQ myseq \# "0000" }

Use CTRL+F9 to insert the field delimiters, { }, and type the instructions
carefully. "myseq" identifies fields belonging to the same sequence; choose a
name that makes sense to you. The \# "0000" part is the formatting
instruction for the field.

You don't need to retype the field code each time you want this type of
number format. Instead, you can use copy and paste to create multiple
instances of the field.

Note that SEQ fields do not update automatically. This will be especially
apparent if you use copy and paste to create more fields. You can select the
entire document and then press F9 to manually update display of fields. Also,
SEQ fields update when you change the View to Print Preview.

Stefan Blom