Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hell-fire[_2_] Hell-fire[_2_] is offline

Default DDE error

Hi,

I read somewhere but for the life me can't remember where. The problem is,
an Access DB and a Word document I've made are in Word 2000. The word
document uses mail merge and some of the computers in our office is mixed
with Office 2000 to 2003. The systems with Word 2000 have no problem with
the mailmerge, but the ones with Office 2002 and 2003 get the DDE error.

Where in Word 2002 and 2003 do I set up the mailmerge to work with Access
2000 when pulling from the query? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'm not sure you can connect Word 2003 and Access 2000 via DDE either - I
can try to experiment but it will take some time to set up again.

Therenot usually any problems with Access 2000 format databases if you
actually have Access 2003 as well, although you may need to remake the
connection once.

If you're still suffering from this problem,
a. do you need to connect via DDE?
b. check that the relevant option in Access Tools|Options allows DDE
connections (by default, it does, but someone may have switched it off)
c. have you tried going through the connection process again - you need to
check Word Tools|Options|general|"Confirm conversions at open" to see the
extra dialog box that lets you select the method.
d. if it doesn't work when Access and the database are closed at the
beginning, please try it with
- Access open
- Access and the database open.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Hell-fire" wrote in message
Hi,

I read somewhere but for the life me can't remember where. The problem
is, an Access DB and a Word document I've made are in Word 2000. The word
document uses mail merge and some of the computers in our office is mixed
with Office 2000 to 2003. The systems with Word 2000 have no problem with
the mailmerge, but the ones with Office 2002 and 2003 get the DDE error.

Where in Word 2002 and 2003 do I set up the mailmerge to work with Access
2000 when pulling from the query? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hell-fire Hell-fire is offline

Thank you Peter,

Will check it out and see what happens.