Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Micmojav Micmojav is offline

Default Word Mail-merge to email looses BG Color on Web-Based Mail

2002 Word Mail-merge to email looses Background Color when received on Web
Based Mail such as Yahoo or AOL. The same Word Document merged in to email
and received on Outlook looks exactly as expected with proper background
color.

I further tried to make my background color to a picture which that too did
not work. To replicate you can just start with a "hello world" text, use the
MS Word menu -- Format -- Background and complete the mail merge process
and do "electronic mail" to any AOL or Yahoo account.

I appreciate any help.

--
MMM
Pasadena, CA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The background colour will not be retained in Outlook in the case of a
recipient who has their Outlook configured to read messages in text mode
only, which is a wise precaution against the possibility of receiving some
rogue application masquerading behind a graphic display in an HTML message.

If the appearance of your message is important, it should be sent as an
attachment to an email message and even better as a .pdf attachment.

To mail merge to email with attachments, see the article "Mail Merge to
E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

To create individual documents from a mail merge, see the "Individual Merge
Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Office XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to
Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss and also to create it
as a .pdf file.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Micmojav" wrote in message
2002 Word Mail-merge to email looses Background Color when received on Web
Based Mail such as Yahoo or AOL. The same Word Document merged in to
email
and received on Outlook looks exactly as expected with proper background
color.

I further tried to make my background color to a picture which that too
did
not work. To replicate you can just start with a "hello world" text, use
the
MS Word menu -- Format -- Background and complete the mail merge
process
and do "electronic mail" to any AOL or Yahoo account.

I appreciate any help.

--
MMM
Pasadena, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Micmojav Micmojav is offline

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your respond. Let me try this once more in a hope you can
help with my problem. I do not want to send my doc as attachement, neither i
am worried about recepient having configured their mail as text only.

What I like to accomplish is to email a HTML document with colored bacground
merged through Word Mail Merge and Electronic Mail. This function works fine
if the recepient has configured Outlook to process their emails. Otherwise,
the problem occurs if the recepient opens their mail on likes of yahoo.com,
aol.com, hotmail.com. Basically any web-based email will eliminate the
background color. Do you know of a workaround.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

--
MMM
Pasadena, CA

"Micmojav" wrote in message
2002 Word Mail-merge to email looses Background Color when received on Web
Based Mail such as Yahoo or AOL. The same Word Document merged in to
email
and received on Outlook looks exactly as expected with proper background
color.

I further tried to make my background color to a picture which that too
did
not work. To replicate you can just start with a "hello world" text, use
the
MS Word menu -- Format -- Background and complete the mail merge
process
and do "electronic mail" to any AOL or Yahoo account.

I appreciate any help.

--
MMM
Pasadena, CA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Micmojav Micmojav is offline

Thanks Doug,

I supposed my best bet is to do without background color in my design. It
will not be as aesthetically pleasing as I like, but one can only do what can
be done.

Thanks for giving me a guru feedback without which I would have still
thought that there may be a way. Now I can move on.
--
MMM
Pasadena, CA